VP, Investment Consultant
Maryland & Washington, DC
Mar. 8, 2017
The VP, Investment Consultant is responsible for managing all retail sales activities within the designated region. This position promotes and wholesales Calamos mutual fund and SMA products in order to acquire and retain assets. The VP also develops annual business plans and strategies to maximize and retain sales in the region.
1. Manages all retail sales activities within the region and strives to meet or exceed all sales objectives.
2. Travels throughout the region and conducts meetings in order to present information about Calamos’ products and encourage new business.
3. Positions and differentiates Calamos against competitor firms by explaining Calamos’ commitment to value-added performance and exceptional client service.
4. Creates annual business plans and strategies to maximize and retain sales in the region.
5. Works in conjunction with an internal wholesaler to identify and pursue leads generated from referrals, ad campaigns and region canvassing.
6. Participates in scheduled office visits, seminars, conference calls and other meetings and provides a high level of product expertise.
7. Enters activity data into the Pivotal database on a regular basis and updates other information in Pivotal as appropriate.
8. Prepares and presents a weekly regional update to the Divisional Director on the status of the region. Participates in other sales update meetings as appropriate.
9. Maintains an extensive knowledge of the firm and industry including all products and trends in the industry; researches and reads various industry articles.
10. Attends company, industry and other related events as directed.
11. Completes travel and expense reports and other necessary paperwork on a weekly basis.
12. Handles related duties as assigned.
1. Bachelor’s degree required.
2. 8+ years experience in the financial services industry required. Four or more years of intermediary sales/external wholesaling experience.
3. FINRA series 7 and 63 licenses required. CFA or CIMA preferred.
4. Must have a demonstrated track record of success in meeting sales objectives.
5. Thorough knowledge of various intermediary channels and comprehensive product and industry knowledge required.
6. Must be able to work independently and to communicate clearly and concisely.
7. Extensive travel required within the region.
8. PC skills in Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint and sales database applications.
How To Apply
Qualified candidates can apply here: